Things to do in Tully - Home of The Golden Gumboot - Australia's Wettest Town - Whitewater Rafting - Adventure Meets Leisure
Tully is only a 2 hour drive south of Cairns. It well known as one of Queensland’s largest sugar cane and banana producers to the region and also one of the wettest towns in Australia!
Here is a list of some of the things you can do when visiting Tully:
- Visit the Big Golden Gumboot! This fibreglass 7.9 metre Golden Gumboot has an internal staircase leading to the top viewing platform.
- Tully White Water Rafting. The Tully River is known as one of the best places in Australia to go white water rafting. Rapids range from easy Grade one to the more challenging Grade six.
- Tully Sugar Mill Tour (only available during the crushing season of June – November). Learn about the history and process of the local sugar cane industry.
- Climb Mount Tyson. Spend the day with family and friends to explore this 3 hour track. (MAP)
- Have a relaxing swim at ‘Alligators Nest’. There is a large swimming platform which provides easy access to the crystal clear waters of this rainforest stream.
- Learn more history about the Tully region. The Tully Heritage Trail is located at the local Tully visitor centre. You can collect a map of the trail here, before exploring through a series of 20 story boards providing you a snippet of this town’s rich history.
- Tully Markets are held every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. Be sure to stop by to check out the local produce and other knick knacks.