Just off the Bruce Highway in the Mission Beach hinterland is the World War 1 soldier settlement village of El Arish. The town is named after a major battleground in Palestine where the light horsemen defeated the Turks. It has strong historical links with streets named after Generals and battle sites, and one of the region’s largest Anzac day services is held at the cenotaph.
The old railway station has been relocated and converted to the El Arish History Station and the original canecutters hotel, built in 1927, now a tavern, has memorabilia on display. There is a small caravan park, popular golf course and country club. A creek at the southern end of village on Old Tully Road is ideal for a picnic or swim.
The Mission Beach Markets are local community markets run by Rotary Mission Beach. The Mission Beac…Information
The Mission Beach Monster market is a local community market run by Rotary Mission Beach. Tradition…Information
Cars and Coffee at the Mena Creek Hotel on the second Sunday of the month. Everyone is welcome - Cl…Information